We all want our students to get a great education, and the building blocks for a great education begin with students coming to school each and every day.
Missing school can have a major impact on a child’s future – a student missing one day a fortnight will miss four full weeks by the end of the year. By Year 10 they will have missed more than a year of school.
There is no safe number of days for missing school – each day a student misses can affect their educational outcomes.
Parents/Carers should notify St Francis Xavier Primary School of absences by:
- Informing the classroom teacher if it is a planned absence
- Contacting reception if it is an unplanned absence :
- Phoning the School on 5275 1974 and leaving a message
- Emailing the school
- Entering the absence on our SIMON (PAM) Parent Portal
- Sending a note with their child
- Late arrivals or early departures must be entered via the SIMON Kiosk at the administration office. If a parent/carer is unable to do so, a note must be provided.
- If an absence is regularly approved by parent/carer as ‘illness/medical’ a medical certificate may be required.
- If a student will be having an extended absence, for example, a family holiday, a letter will be required from parent/carer.
If you are having attendance issues with your child, please let your classroom teacher know so we can work together to get your child to school every day.
‘Every Day Counts’ - Please click on the link to read more about the importance of ‘Attendance’